Reception Hostess / Front Desk Agent
Closing date: 30/11/2023
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To be an ambassador of the Front Office and the hotel, in and outside the workplace
• To provide a personal service to all the guests, fully aware and following the hotel standards and procedures by developing high-quality relationships with guests, from the moment they arrive and throughout their stay, in order to foster loyalty. Takes into account and anticipates guests' needs.
• To ensure that all guests receive a warm welcome and that they enjoy their stay/visit being offered the finest personal service.
• Must multi–task, be detail-oriented, and be able to problem solve in order to effectively deal with internal and external customers.
• To personally greet and escort the guests rather than pointing out directions.
• To ensure that the privacy of the guests and the confidentiality of the information is respected.
• To be flexible and extend job duties to carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the job capability as assigned, including redeployment to alternative departments/areas if required, to meet business demands and guest service needs, or as directed by Supervisors or Management
• To ensure uncompromising levels of cleanliness and maintenance of the workplace through own responsibility
• To properly use the supplies, and equipment and to ask for requisitions accordingly
• To manage any guest complaint in a professional manner, by owning it, resolving it to the guest’s satisfaction and recording it
• To call the supervisor or manager for advice in serious cases or if approval is required.
• To ensure proper use of the telephone etiquette as per standards
• To attend to all guests approaching the Front Desk in the procedure of check-in / check-out, inquiries, key handling and all related matters, respecting the hotel standards and procedures
• To share daily activity highlights with the supervisor and manager including internal and external guest opportunities
• To be aware of all VIPs visiting or staying in the hotel and to maintain an accurate Guest History
• To ensure that all assigned and blocked rooms requiring special set-ups are accurately displayed in the PMS and available to the Housekeeping and other departments in due time. • To properly follow all CID and local government requirements concerning hotel guests and files.
• To daily handle the guest files and folios, ensuring that all the immigration, financial and audit procedures are fully respected.
• To do a proper cashier closure and to ensure a complete handover between the shifts.
• To respect all the financial and audit procedures
• To check the departure lists and to ensure check-out times are respected.
• To monitor room status and discrepancies
• To properly use all the equipment and Opera Management system, to have a perfect knowledge of the setups.
• To strictly respect the room keys and section keys handover procedures.
• To daily follow the checklists
• To respect schedules, terms and deadlines as agreed with the Management.
• To daily read the F/O logbook, update it and sign it
• To be aware of all hotel facilities operating timing and to promote internal activities and events
• To up-sell Rooms, Food and Beverage outlets, Spa, and the wellness centre
• To be updated with the latest administrative, organizational, operational or other changes and news
• To liaise closely with the Sales and Reservations
• To attend a daily briefing with the Front Office team to recapitulate tasks and activity
• To actively promote the Membership program
• To maintain an atmosphere of high morale and a happy working relationship among the team
To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag. To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene and adhere to the hotel department appearance standards.
• To read and understand the hotel’s Employee Handbook and adhere to the hotel’s rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety and comply with local legislation as required
• To respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the needs of the hotel
• To provide friendly, courteous and professional service at all times
• To maintain good working relationships with all colleagues by maintaining a strong working environment with the other departments.
• To attend training and meetings as and when required
• Keeps track of the standard of services delivered, based on guest comments, .
• Diploma in Administration related subject with background in Front office or hospitality industry.
• Minimum 3 years’ related experience
• Preferably bi-lingual (English and Arabic