Closing date: 31/03/2024
We are looking for an enthusiastic, professional leasing agent to assist us with marketing and leasing properties. The leasing agent will ensure properties are maintained effectively, market properties, and screen prospective tenants. You will preserve favorable relations with property owners and tenants, contribute to a positive atmosphere in the office, and portray a positive image of the company in your activities. You will oversee and coordinate the orientation of new tenants, and assist with performing office management and clerical tasks.
- Recording and updating details of prospective and existing landlords and tenants into the computer database swiftly.
- Examining properties and informing maintenance staff of issues.
- Advertising available properties and conducting property tours as part of marketing activities.
- Screening prospective tenants to ensure they meet eligibility requirements.
- Completing lease applications and assisting with verification of application information.
- Informing prospective tenants of results.
- Inspecting properties when tenants take occupation and vacate.
- Liaising with tenants to provide information and address their complaints and concerns.
- Maintaining and storing documentation effectively.
- Accepting rent payments, security deposits, and other applicable fees.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Proficient knowledge of the real estate industry, property management principles, and relevant legislation.
- Valid driver’s license
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Strong people skills.
- Available to work extended hours.
Note: You will be required to attach the following:
Resume / CV